A day doesn’t go by that the citizens of Ontario don’t have to suffer “salt in their wounds” from a disrespectful and dysfunctional Government!
It’s bad enough to have to endure this manic excuse for a leadership propped up by an ideological NDP gang of fools but the so-called “announcements” penned by stooges and spin-meisters at our expense in order to put lipstick on the proverbial pig called the Liberal minority Government makes one want to literally throw up on their keyboard.
Below is first the latest dose of Bull Crap followed by an editorial by one of the few Mainstream media outlets brazen enough to speak the truth!
Government Committed to Engagement, Accessibility and Welcoming New Ideas
Premier Kathleen Wynne announced Ontario’s new Open Government initiative today, which will give the people of Ontario a more transparent and accessible government, and more opportunities to access information and engage with the government on things that matter to them.
A group of academic, business and community leaders will form an Open Government Engagement Team, which will be chaired by Don Lenihan. They will gather feedback from people across the province and report back to the government in spring, 2014.
The focus will be on three areas: open dialogue, so it is easier for people to connect and interact with government through new tools and technologies; open data, so people can access data to solve everyday problems and come up with new ideas; open information, which means creating even more transparency by sharing more information.
The Open Government initiative is part of the government’s vision for One Ontario, where we will work together to build a successful, compassionate and united province where everyone has the opportunity to connect, contribute and enjoy a high quality of life.
BY SUE-ANN LEVY ,TORONTO SUN MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2013
Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne. (CRAIG ROBERTSON/TORONTO SUN)
TORONTO – When I heard Premier Kathleen Wynne contend Monday that she wants to create the “open, transparent and accessible government” she thinks Ontarians deserve, I was positively gobsmacked.
Did the preem have an epiphany while enjoying her Thankgiving turkey or some time off from the daily grilling in the legislature last week, I wondered?
But when she told the media she believes “more information rather than less information empowers people,” I said to myself, “Consider me sold on this Open Government initiative, however ironic and absurd it sounds.”
Adding to the absurdity was a glaring spelling mistake — the word “goverment” — on the sign on the podium she stood at.
So what if Wynne feels she needs to reach out — yet again — to “engage” stakeholders with a fancy consultation of several months duration by a team of nine that will cost us at least $63,000 in fees, plus “reasonable expenses?”
Accountability has finally come to Queen’s Park under the Liberal government!
So, feeling “empowered” and positively thirsting for the Liberal regime to “unlock the data” they say will come from this initiative, I asked Wynne and Government Services Minister John Milloy when they were going to release the 3,226 back-up tapes containing 1,233 e-mails the premier may have written about the gas plant scandal.
After all, for us to truly be sure she wasn’t involved in the decision making, I would think Wynne would want to clear the air — especially given this new focus on openness and transparency.
I’d asked her the same question 77 days ago, a few days after the Aug. 1 byelections. Wynne had said at the time that the gas plant committee requests were being responded to and documents were coming from Milloy’s ministry to the committee.
Yet nothing has been produced to date on that request.
Seeing as they’d caught the openness, transparency and accountability bug, I thought I’d ask again Monday.
Wynne insisted they’ve “endeavoured to answer every question” requested of them and then deflected to Milloy.
Milloy said they “don’t know what exactly” is on the back-up tapes — no doubt trying to steer the focus away from Wynne.
He added that the gas plant committee has been advised that it would take “great expense” to go through the tapes — $3.5 million to be exact — and he is awaiting directions from the committee.