Ontario Government “teaming up with Wind Developer” against Ontario citizen!..UPDATE!

Posted: October 14, 2013 in Uncategorized

Can things get much worse in this Province when our so-called “Government” gets involved in anything any more?

Stealing massive amounts of money from tax payers pockets with literally no repercussions and at the same time ruining what used to be an affordable energy sector by pounding electrical consumers with criminal billing to the point where Industry actually moves out of the Province in order to operate in a “fair domain” that doesn’t screw the companies out of every last cent trying to operate.

Where does all this money go?……………………into the pockets of cronies and back room buddies pockets like the Wind Developers that have run amuck inside our Province with the blessing of all the 10+ years of Liberals inside the pink building!

Now they are teamed up with the company that got clearance to destroy an Eagle’s nest in Middelsex County in order to put up their useless wind development to influence the outcome of an Environmental Review Tribunal inquiry!

Citizens battle government, corporations over wind power projects

TORONTO, Oct. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Ontario government is refusing to hear testimony from experts on noise and safety in an ongoing Environmental Review Tribunal, according to motions presented to the appellant. Last week, the Environment  ministry and power developer NextEra filed motions to deny testimony from witnesses at an appeal launched by Esther Wrightman, a citizen of the Middlesex area. The ministry and developer are objecting to testimony from medical doctors, a professional engineer with expertise in noise measurement, an acoustician with knowledge of the effect of environmental noise and infrasound on human health, and real estate appraisers.

Wrightman received notice of the motions last Thursday evening, and was given four days over the Thanksgiving weekend to respond. Motions to dismiss three more of her witnesses will be heard Tuesday morning, October 15, 10 a.m. at the Middlesex County Office in London

“They are trying to force her to back down and give up,” says Wind Concerns Ontario president Jane Wilson. “This appeal is being thwarted by our own government and the wind power developer. But they have no idea how hard people are working to fight this.”

As the Ontario government continues to approve giant wind power generation projects despite opposition from municipal councils, community groups, and individual citizens, protests and demonstrations against the invasive power projects are on the increase.

“The day that Kathleen Wynne said she was ‘sorry’ about the gas plant scandal, and the exact same day that Energy Minister Chiarelli said he is going to try to get the location process for power plants ‘right’ in this province, the government announced yet another wind power project—the monstrous, 92-turbine Samsung project near Kincardine,” says Wind Concerns Ontario president Jane Wilson.

“In fact, they announced three more such projects over five days already this month, and while Kathleen Wynne has been Premier, 14 have been given approval,” she added. “The Kincardine-area project is incredible because there are so many people sick from the environmental noise produced by the existing Enbridge power project there was a delegation of citizens at Kincardine Council last December. But this government is just pushing ahead.”

Another one of the three most recent projects is at Goulais Bay in the Algoma region, which has been opposed by heritage groups because of the destruction to landscapes made famous by Group of Seven painters, and which attract thousands of tourists to Ontario every year.

At present, 72 municipalities have passed a resolution at Council expressing their unwillingness to host wind power generation plants, after Premier Wynne said she was not going to force the projects on communities that don’t want them. More councils plan to discuss similar motions in the weeks ahead, with well-attended public sessions.

“What we have is Ontario citizens using their after-tax dollars to fight the government and the Ministry of the Environment to—guess what—save the environment,” Wilson said. The Ostrander Point wind power project, which witnesses said would destroy a rare plant environment and endanger hundreds of thousands of migrating birds was halted due to concerns about one animal species, but the Ministry of the Environment and the wind developer, Toronto-based Gilead Power, is now appealing that decision, and local residents are fund-raising to carry on the fight.

“What’s increasingly clear,” Wilson, a registered nurse, says is that “the appeal process pretends to be a way for the public to have a ‘say’ in where these power projects go, but it isn’t. The process is flawed and weighted in favour of the developers. This government doesn’t care about people’s health and it definitely doesn’t care about the environment.”

A demonstration is planned Tuesday at the Middlesex County offices in London at 9 a.m. to protest actions to quell witness testimony, and citizens’ groups from southwestern Ontario plan a demonstration in Strathroy on Saturday, October 19, along Highway 402.

CONTACT: Jane Wilson, President, Wind Concerns Ontario
         WCO.president@gmail.com  613-489-3591 613-725-7120
         Esther Wrightman 519-247-3541

Source: Wind concerns Ontario

UPDATE:

“Activists” shut down Middlesex ERT hearing

By Debora Van Brenk, The London Free Press

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:40:32 EDT AM
An update on the Adelaide appeal at the Environmental Review Tribunal, held in London this morning, from the London Free Press.

It was a turbulent beginning to a hearing about the impact of turbines on human and environmental health, as the adjudicator shut down the process after only a few minutes.
As two protesters refused to turn off their video equipment, hearing chairperson Dirk VanderBent warned they must comply or he would have to adjourn the hearing.
They didn’t; he did.
At issue are 37 turbines wind energy giant NextEra Canada plans to build in Adelaide-Metcalfe, west of Strathroy.
The Environmental Review Tribunal, VanderBent said, is to hear and adjudicate whether the Adelaide wind farm would cause serious harm to human health or serious, irreversible harm to the environment.
Anti-wind activist Esther Wrightman was set to argue that the turbines would pose unacceptable health risks and should be scrapped.
Sitting in the gallery were about 30 other wind opponents, many of them holding signs.
As the hearing at the Middlesex County buidling started Tuesday morning, Wrightman asked that cameras be allowed in the room to accommodate a person with a learning disability.
That was denied, except for VanderBent’s opening statement, after which he asked that all cameras be turned off.
One person continued to record with her iPad and another with her camera.
Exasperated, VanderBent adjourned until the afternoon.
Marcelle Brooks, who continued recording with her iPad until lawyers for NextEra and the provincial Environment Ministry had left the room, said she has no plans to comply. “The people in Ontario have a right to see what goes on in these tribunals…People need to see.”
Her frustration escalated as she learned that several of the witnesses she had planned to call — including Skype (video phone via the Internet) testimony from an Australian doctor and a property appraiser from Chicago — would not be allowed as witnesses.
With nine of her 11 witnesses barred from testifying, or whose testimony would be severely restricted, “It’s dead. This hearing is dead,” she said as she pondered her next steps.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s