Are Ontario citizens “victims of Government conspiracy to defraud $$$$$$”?????

Posted: October 17, 2012 in Uncategorized

It isn’t  a stretch to carry this Liberal ploy to end further investigations by authorities as a “Conspiracy to Defraud Ontario tax payers of massive amount of hard earned dollars!

When a number of insiders start calling a particular project being “managed” by fellow politicians as “Project Vapour”, one must engage a question: “How many people are involved in this fake money spending fiasco”?

Another question that should be asked outside McGuinty’s close circle of buddies is how many people knew about this scam, and why didn’t THEY blow the whistle on this nasty piece of work before it reached this point. After all, just being a politician doesn’t exempt you from being a fellow human being…………...or does it?

This is serious stuff folks and should not be taken lightly. We have all become so used to hearing of scandals and misappropriation of so much money in such a regular basis that sometimes it just becomes “normal behaviour”.

Take what’s happening right this instant in Ontario and transfer the “ex Premiers” conduct” with what would happen if you or I, “just common folk”, did this in our work place!

What would be the consequences? What would be the punishment? Would WE be able to control the outcome of an investigation?

NO…NO and NO!

So does the fact that these people are “into politics” actually mean that they can break every single fair business practice, hide balance sheets and black out financial reports, refuse to answer legal questions and basically tell everyone questioning them to collectively just “bugger off”????

It appears they can!

With a name like ‘Project Vapour’ it’s no wonder the PCs think the Liberals are hiding something

Scott Stinson | Oct 17, 2012 7:16 PM ET | Last Updated: Oct 17, 2012 7:43 PM ET

REUTERS/Mark Blinch

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty speaks to the media after making an announcement to resign from the leadership of the Ontario provincial Liberal party at Queen’s Park in Toronto October 15, 2012 REUTERS/Mark Blinch

At this point the Ontario Liberals should probably be grateful that the file related to the decision to cancel a gas-fired power plant in Oakville wasn’t code-named Project Deceit or Project Crass Opportunism.

As it was, revelations on Wednesday that government staff in multiple ministries, and the Premier’s Office, referred to the Oakville situation as “Project Vapour” lend credence to the narrative that Liberals were engaged in high-level obfuscation related to the true cost of the power-plant cancellation, and the level of political involvement in them — and that the real motivation for Monday’s surprise prorogation of the provincial legislature was to prevent further examination of the affair.

That’s the theory that opposition politicians were keen to explore on Wednesday. The Hudak PCs held a briefing for reporters at Queen’s Park in which they went over several documents from the 20,000 pages released by the Energy Ministry on Friday that contained references to Project Vapour, including emails between Dalton McGuinty’s former chief of staff and officials at the Justice and Energy ministries.

Victor Fedeli, the PC energy critic, said in an interview that it’s his party’s position that the code name was intended to make the document trail harder to follow. Thus, when the Finance Committee demanded the release of “all documents related to the cancellation of the Oakville and Mississauga power plants,” the Vapour-related stuff didn’t turn up in the initial batch of 36,000 pages released late last month under order from Speaker Dave Levac.

“That’s what I believe is the case,” Mr. Fedeli said. The government says this isn’t the case at all; Energy Ministry officials told The Canadian Press that commercial files are routinely given simple code names used by bureaucrats and political staff. That’s entirely possible, but at the least the optics are bad for the Liberals. First, they stall for months on the release of any gas-plant documents, citing sensitive negotiations with the companies contracted to build them, and then release the first batch only under a ruling from the Speaker. Liberal MPPs including Mr. McGuinty and Energy Minister Chris Bentley repeatedly said that all documents had been released. The Finance Committee passed a motion to continue investigating the matter, including calling dozens of witnesses. Before that could get underway, the next batch of documents were dumped late on a Friday. By Monday evening, the Premier had offered his resignation and the legislature was shut down.

READ MORE HERE:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s